Authentic Swedish massage is not what you may think
Five types of movements to pamper you
Swedish massage is a gentle, relaxing form of massage. It promotes physical as well as mental well-being, and can be a very pampering experience. It usually consists of five types of moves. Effleurage (sliding or gliding), petrissage (kneading), tapotement (rhythmic tapping), friction (cross fibre or with the fibres) and vibration/shaking.
Benefits of Swedish massage:
- Releases muscle tension and pain
- Increases the level of oxygen in the blood
- Decreases muscle toxins
- Improves blood circulation
- Improves mobility
- Promotes relaxation and therefore can help with anxiety, stress and depression
- Promotes healthy sleep
- Releases endorphins, the body's natural painkillers
- Improves lymphatic drainage
- Reduces swelling caused by an accumulation of fluid in the tissues
Every session of Swedish massage is customised to fit your unique needs.